Job Description: National Sales Representative
The National Sales Representative contributes directly to company revenue growth and provides strategic insight into product and customer development. This is a customer-facing role that will additionally serve as brand representative through attending industry events, contributing content for marketing communications, and speaking engagements as required.
The Director of Business Development will report to the Director of Sales & Marketing. The National Sales Representative will have contact with other departments and will be required to communicate with other team members on a regular basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain industry knowledge and identify trends and potential niches in the marketplace.
- Perform customer outreach through networking, trade shows, cold calling, etc.
- Identify and coordinate with potential channel partners/suppliers who can serve as partners or resellers for our services. Also contribute to developing a list of suppliers by specialty as a shared sales resource.
- Contribute to development of scripts/lists for external call center staff and assist with scripts for internal sales staff as needed.
- Identify and research new verticals or verticals with expansion potential.
- Contribute to the success of customer projects through billable marketing consulting hours as part of the project which may include strategy development, customer vendor consultation, and development of creative.
- Develop new product concepts (Like the custom catalog) to stay in front of the marketplace and competition.
- Define and productize existing products such as web-to-print to increase ease of bringing to market including input into development of product/interface, pricing models, and marketing tactics.
- Share learnings and materials as needed with rest of sales team.
- Develop client/prospect relationships into sales, cultivating the relationship, growing the depth and breadth of products sold and the relationships within the customer.
Skills or Qualifications Required:
- Minimum of 2 years of sales experience, preferably in a B2B sales environment and an understanding of marketing concepts and strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Strong project management and performance measurement skills.
- Effective time management, organization, and leadership skills and high level of self-motivation.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work schedule consists of 40 hours per week, which may include on-call status, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Travel may be required for client/partner meetings and industry events.
Qualified candidates should submit résumés to Diane Wasieczko, Office Manager, at email@example.com.